Friday 23 September 2011

Gruffalo Books

There are so many books which relate to the theme of The Gruffalo. I am a big fan of Julia Donalson and now have all of her and Axel  Scheffler's picture books. I added some of them to my collection today.

The children were so excited when the courier arrived with a big brown box from Amazon this afternoon and I was looking forward to having my new books to read at story time!  I opened up the box and underneath all of the brown paper were the books I had ordered 2 days ago;  Zog, Tabby McTat, Stick Man, My First Gruffalo buggy book, My First Gruffalo Opposites and My First Gruffalo Numbers. 

We all sat on the sofa ready to read them but this was short-lived... the appeal of the box and the brown paper was just too great!!  And so the children played with this for some time, climbing in and out of the box, wrapping themselves in brown paper, ripping it up into little pieces and wrapping books and toys up like presents! Great fun!



For anyone else doing a Gruffalo theme this Autumn, there are so many books available which are great for children and toddlers.  Here are some of them...





My First Gruffalo: Numbers

My First Gruffalo: Animal Actions
My First Gruffalo: Hello Gruffalo! Buggy Book
My First Gruffalo: Gruffalo, What Can You See? Buggy Book
My First Gruffalo: Touch-and-Feel
Due for release on 18th November 2011

My First Gruffalo Little Library
This little Gruffalo library is also due to be released on 5th January 2012


I had a booklet through the door this afternoon from Argos and was thrilled to see that the fabric bookcases I have been after for months were in there.  I didn't realise Argos even sold them!  I had been looking on nursery websites and was put off by their hefty price tag; some of them were over £100.  I even considered making one myself at one point, although finding the time was a big issue.  You can imagine my joy when I saw them in the Argos brochure on sale for just £26.65! I quickly went online while the children were having their snacks and reserved the last one they had in stock and I will be collecting it later!  So now we will have a nice new book shelf to display all of our new books!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

 

Oakley Childcare Copyright © 2011 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template and web hosting