Tuesday 21 June 2011

Happy Father's Day

To link to our topic of "People who help us", we thought about our Daddies on father's Day and how they help us.  The children came up with some wonderful ways in which their daddy's help them.  Here are some of the things they said...

"My Daddy helps me put on my shoes"

 "My Daddy makes me toast"

"My Daddy gets me dressed"

"My daddy reads me a story"


We read some books at circle time about Daddies; My Dad! by Chae Strathie and Jacqueline East and Just Like my Dad by David Melling.

  My Dad!

Just Like My Dad


The children all made some lovely gifts to take home.  They made some yummy biscuits and handmade cookie bags, cards and pictures.  We had some lovely feedback from our Dad's.  One of them even shed a little tear when he opened his card. Awwww...



 



  The toddlers made shirt cards and decorated them by colouring in ties.  Some also decorated them with scrunched up tissue paper. I gave them a choice of materials and they chose what they wanted to do.  The babies had their hands painted and printed onto cards for their Daddies.


We hope you had a very happy Father's Day

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

 

Oakley Childcare Copyright © 2011 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template and web hosting