Monday 7 March 2011

Welcome to Oakley Childcare

This post is to tell you a bit about my Childminding service, Oakley Childcare and the facilities I offer the Children in my care.


My Childcare setting is based in my home; a semi detached 3 bedroom house in a quiet cul-de-sac in Oakley Vale, Northants.


We use the living room for general play and the kitchen for all baking, crafts, painting and other messy activities.


We have a fully enclosed garden with a toddlers play deck which I had installed in 2010.  The children love playing on it and it is also home to our Vegetable Corner and Sensory Garden. I have lots of outdoor toys and equipment including a sand and water activity centre, picnic table with UV parasol, ride-along toys, a slide and a small trampoline.

Our Sensory Garden

Exploring

Our Vegetable Corner


The Toddlers Play Deck




Our Messy play area


My family and I love animals.  I believe that pets have a very positive impact on children's learning and development.  Not only can children benefit from learning about the animals, but they can also develop their communication, nurturing skills and self confidence. We have lots of pets in our setting which Children love to interact with.  We have Jacob, a six year old Welsh Springer Spaniel, Caesar the Cat, aged 5, an aquarium of freshwater tropical fish and our 5 chickens;  Beatrice, Betty, Berol, Maggie and Mabel who are just over 1 year old.  They lay lots of nice fresh eggs for us which are really yummy!

This is Jacob
This is Caesar

The Chooks!


I will be back again soon with my monthly blog.  Hopefully I may even make it more regular!  If you would like to know more about my Childminding service, please see my main website http://www.oakleychildcare.com/.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

 

Oakley Childcare Copyright © 2011 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template and web hosting